Let us help you navigate the benefits system.
Each year, we help 8,500 people with their benefit issues and on average they receive an income gain of £650.
We can help you:
- Check if you can get benefits and, if so, how much
- Help you make the claims on paper forms or online
- Help you with self-assessment and review forms
- Help you with challenging decisions.
Help us help you – what we need from you
Whether your income has gone down and you want to find out how much benefits or Universal Credit you can get or you just need some help with a claim, we need to know:
- Who is in your household/who you live with
- What income you have, for instance, from wages, pensions
- How much your rent or mortgage is
- How much your Council Tax bill is
- Whether anyone has any health issues
- How much you pay for any child care.
If you have a health problem or you’re a carer, we need to know:
- What medical issues there are
- How they affect what you or they can do in normal life
- If you regularly look after someone else.
Contact our Adviceline for general enquiries about benefits.
Monday to Friday 9.30am to 2.30pm
Call 0344 848 7919 or Freephone 08082787897
You can also contact our specialist benefit teams who help with mental and physical health issues.