How can benefits advice help?
Our benefits advice can help you:
- Check if you can get benefits and, if so, how much
- Help you make the claims on paper forms or online
- Help you with self-assessment and review forms
- Help you with challenging decisions.
Each year, we help 8,500 people with their benefits issues and on average they receive an income gain of £650.
Benefits advice first steps
To help you, we need to know:
- Who is in your household/who you live with
- What income you have. For instance, from wages, pensions etc.
- How much your rent or mortgage is
- How much your Council Tax bill is
- Whether anyone has any health issues
- How much you pay for any child care.
If you have a health problem or you’re a carer, we need to know:
- What medical issues there are
- How they affect what you or they can do in normal life
- If you regularly look after someone else.
If you have debt, you can also get Debt Advice from us.
Contact our Adviceline for general enquiries about benefits.
You can also contact our specialist benefit teams who help with mental and physical health issues.
Do you need advice?
Freephone us on
0808 278 7897
Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 2.30pm