From Monday 3rd July a new service is starting
Bath Mind and Citizens Advice are coming together to provide a benefits advice project for anyone in Bath & North East Somerset experiencing distress or mental health problems. Together we will provide more support to anyone who needs advice about their benefits.
Our main focus will be on:
- Employment & Support Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Universal Credit, including Work Capability Assessments
We will do this through:
- a Welfare Benefits Caseworker
- Advisers at Citizens Advice
- Client Support Volunteers working for Bath Mind and Citizens Advice
Individuals with mental illness often struggle to claim the benefits they are entitled to. We will empower people to assert their rights and support them at all stages, from putting in a claim and attending assessments to negotiating claimant commitments and representing them through tribunals. We also aim to improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives.
If you are or know of anyone with mental health issues who wants advice about benefits, we want to hear from you, so please use our Contact Us page.